No Hot Water? It’s An Emergency! Call Horncastle Plumbing Now
HOT WATER SYSTEMS EXPLAINED
Hot water systems Adelaide is an integral part of our households and are often the unnoticed and unappreciated plumbing instruments. With little love and care, hot water systems can serve perfectly for many years without any problems. We are so reliant on our hot water systems and do not realize how much of an inconvenience it can be when they are not working properly.
At Horncastle Plumbing we know that constant availability of warm, running water is vital to everyday living. An average person uses hot water of varying warmth up to 20-30 times a day. From showers, cooking, laundry, dishwashing to hand washing, constant hot water is an essential household necessity. With the age of the tank and continual use every day and night, you will sooner or later notice signs of wear and tear or distress signaling that your hot water system needs service, repair or replacement. We have listed down some signs for you to know when it’s time to call in Hot water replacement Adelaide experts to inspect or replace your hot water system:
- Your hot water system is too old
- The pilot light does not stay on or is not lit
- Noises coming from the tank/hot water system
- Rusted colored water appearing from the taps
- No hot water or hot water does not reach the required temperature
- Hot water runs out very quickly
- Water where water shouldn’t be
- Leaking tanks
- Rust appearing through the bottom of the tank
These listed issues can lead to inconvenience and potential danger if ignored for too long. Just like any other machinery such as your car, your water heater needs annual maintenance to keep performing at its best. The best way to make sure your hot water system is running perfectly is to have a hot water plumber come in for a yearly service job. This will not only extend the life of the hot water system but also save you time and money before any small problem escalates to a big inconvenience.
DIFFERENT HOT WATER SYSTEMS
STORAGE HOT WATER SYSTEMS
- Water is heated and stored in an insulated tank for use when it is required.
- These systems can operate on mains pressure or from gravity feed (constant pressure) tank.
- The storage tank is usually located at ground level inside or outside the house.
- Storage tanks may be made of copper, glass (enamel) lined steel or stainless steel.
- Warranties offered for tanks typically range from five to ten years.
CONTINUOUS FLOW HOT WATER SYSTEMS
- Continuous flow or instantaneous systems heat only the water required and do not use a storage tank.
- They can operate on natural gas, LPG or electricity.
- They can be mounted externally or internally if suitable ventilation is available.
- They never run out of hot water.
- Continuous flow water heaters can be fitted with sophisticated temperature controls, including controls that allow the user to set the desired water temperature.
Let Horncastle Plumbing inspect your Hot Water System
For all hot water repairs, you can rely on the Adelaide hot water plumbers at Horncastle Plumbing. We can be at your doorstep almost immediately to inspect your faulty hot water system and expertly assess the situation. Chances are we can save your hot water system! In our experience, there is no need for a new hot water system in most cases and a repair job fixes the issue. We stock spare parts for all the major brands, meaning we can fix most repairs on the spot, hassle-free. However, if the situation is irreversible then we will provide you with the right advice, present sound options and information to help you make an informed decision.
Adelaide Gas Hot Water Systems | Adelaide Electric Hot Water Systems | Adelaide Solar Hot Water Systems | Heat Pump technology
With our same-day service, we offer fast response times giving you complete peace of mind that your problem will be addressed quickly, any time of the day or night. We can install and supply a wide range of electric hot water systems, from Rheem, Dux, and Vulcan to any brand you require. Give us a call to discuss your hot water repair or replacement needs today!