It is important to maintain your plumbing system for it to function smoothly without causing any stress, undue hassle, or damage. It is easy to ignore a normally functioning plumbing system, but it is important that you invest some time and effort in maintaining your drains to minimise future problems and damage to your pipes. At the heart of a home, plumbing in the kitchen needs special attention as it’s heavy with plumbing fixtures. When you wash dishes different food particles, grease, fats, oils, and grime get washed down too, gradually accumulating in your drains. If you do not invest your time in regular drain clearing, all the build-ups can wreak havoc on your home’s pipes, drains, and plumbing. When food particles start collecting inside the drain they stick together and start to decompose which leads to stinky kitchen drains. Food scraps, fat, oil, grease, and debris are the most common cause of clogged and smelly kitchen drains.
Tips To Keep Your Kitchen Drain Clean And Clog Free
As a rule of thumb, incorrect disposal of oil and grease can cause clogged sewers and drainages in your house. But don’t worry as this is an easy-to-avoid problem and our blocked drain plumber is discussing the proper way to dispose of grease and oil after use.
Steps To Dispose Of Oil Or Grease
- Quite simply put, any oil or grease should be thrown in the bin and not washed down your drains. However, it should not be dumped in the bin. Please follow these steps for proper disposal:
- Do not throw away hot oil and let it solidify for several minutes before you throw it away.
- Carefully scrape the oils and grease into a container or a disposal cup as you don’t want to spoil your bin with all the oil.
- Carefully place the container in a plastic bag before disposing it of properly. Using a plastic bag prevents leakages from the container.
- Cooking oil should not be put in your recycling bin at home. To recycle old or used cooking oil, collect it in a container and drop it off at a recycler that accepts oil.
- Small amounts of cooking oil can be disposed of in garden composts.
- When washing dishes wipe down all the cutleries and cooking utensils or use a paper towel to wipe greasy utensils before washing them.
To Avoid Blocked Drains Adelaide Homeowners Must Follow This Tip!
Cover Your Drains: Save yourself the hassle of needing to thoroughly clean the drains every now and then by installing a strainer over your kitchen sink. Mesh screen will be effective in catching any food particles in your kitchen sink ensuring only water enters the drain. When you need to clean these drains, simply remove the strainer and toss the collected particles into the trash.
Rely on a Prompt Adelaide Blocked Drain Plumber for Emergency Callouts
Here at Horncastle Plumbing, we get calls from Adelaide homeowners all the time to address a clogged drain issue, and while you take all precautions and preventive measures to avoid this situation, there are times when this happens for reasons well beyond your control.
When faced with an emergency plumbing Adelaide-wide, you want to call a person you trust to arrive promptly and get the job done right, the first time, at a price you can afford. So, if you have a clog or a stubborn blockage that just won’t break up with a plunger or regular cleaning methods, or any other Adelaide plumbing problem, give Horncastle Plumbing a call today. We’ve got the experience, the right equipment, and expert blocked drain plumbers to fix any plumbing issue no matter how minor or severe.
For hassle-free plumbing solutions and expert tips stay tuned for our blog coming next month!