Blocked drains are a big nuisance and if your sewer is backing up it can be both cumbersome and expensive to fix. However, with the right preventative maintenance, you can keep your drains and sewer clog-free and avoid the consequences that come with plumbing system blockages. After backing up from a sewer is indicative of a bigger problem with your drainage system and if it’s happening frequently then it’s a sign you need a plumbing professional to diagnose the exact cause, estimate the severity and provide a long-term solution.
5 Steps for Sewer Backup Prevention
As we have stated before, when it comes to drains, sewers, and the drainage systems in a household, then prevention is better than the cure. Follow these steps to help prevent sewer problems from occurring.
1. Do Not Flush Waste: Have you noticed slow drains, clogged toilets or is sewage backing up in your toilet? This is a signal that your main sewer line could be clogged. To prevent this from happening, practice toilet hygiene and don’t flush anything but toilet paper down your toilets. Don’t put diapers, sanitary products, foreign materials, grease, fat, oils, or food scraps in your drain. If you insist on doing DIY then do not use drain cleaners, as the chemicals in these cleaners corrode your pipes.
2. Dispose of Grease & Oils Properly: When grease, oils, fats, and scum accumulate in residential or commercial drains you require professional plumbing help that can quickly and efficiently tackle the clog. That’s when you need hydro jetting, performed by an expert Adelaide blocked drain plumber to resolve the issue for good.
3. Prevent Invasive Tree Roots: Be careful about tree roots that may be near your sewer line causing your sewer to be backing up. Have a blocked drain plumber inspect and repair any minor or major issues to prevent bigger problems with your sewer from causing flooding and devastating damage to your property.
4. Replace Your Old Pipes: Old pipes are prone to collapse, and broken pipes can cause problems beyond sewage backups. Using trenchless technology your professional Adelaide plumber can replace sewer pipes with minimal disturbance in your driveway, backyard, or home.
5. Have Maintenance Plumbing Inspections: Regularly maintaining your drains can be a boon for your plumbing system as a qualified plumber can catch small issues before they turn into big problems that demand your immediate attention, time, and money. Common issues like small clogs, leaking pipes, ageing pipes, and other plumbing concerns can be spotted early on to prevent any major repairs in the future.
Rely on a Prompt Adelaide Blocked Drain Plumber for Blocked Sewer Problems
Here at Horncastle Plumbing, we get calls from Adelaide homeowners all the time to address a clogged drain issue or to immediately fix a backed-up sewer, and while you take all precautions and preventive measures to avoid this situation, there are times when this happens for reasons well beyond your control. Drainage systems can fail unexpectedly and cause undue stress and mess. Attempting to deep clean your drains can be tricky and a time-consuming exercise and if you ever find yourself in an Adelaide blocked sewer scenario, fret not.
For fast and reliable drain cleaning services here in Adelaide, call our locally trusted plumbing team at Horncastle Plumbing. Available any time of the day or night, we are your drain cleaning specialists and can be at your doorstep swiftly to restore your plumbing and peace of mind. Contact now for 24/7 emergency drain cleaning and get the best solution to your blocked drains. We’ve got the experience, the right equipment, and expert sewer and blocked drain plumbers to fix any sewer and drainage issues, no matter how minor or severe.
For hassle-free plumbing solutions and expert tips stay tuned for our blog coming next month!